At International People’s College all students and staff members are tested twice a week. We have five trained ‘Covid-19 testing managers’ at IPC, who are facilitating, managing, and observing students and staff self-test – or testing them if needed. Underneath you can read more about how we handle the Covid-19 testing at IPC.
All test locations are cleaned the same day.
All staff members and students are offered testing Tuesdays and Fridays at 8 – 8.30 A.M. at IPC. If students and staff members are not tested at IPC in these time slots, they must arrange for testing outside IPC themselves (within two days from the time slot offered at IPC – maximum 72 hours in between two tests). Students have to show proof of testing to their contact teacher. Two members of staff have to show proof of test per week (names are chosen by lottery).
Procedure for the Covid-19 test manager responsible at given location:
– Remove test from package
– Check that they see yellow indicators and the test is viable
– Place test on name card, in addition to lid for solution vial
– Take test solution and remove the lid
– Take solution in non-dominant hand
– Take test swab in dominant hand, press through paper (make sure that the swab does not touch any surfaces)
– Place in first nostril – adjust angle until it is in line with the bottom of the earlobe – turn for the count of 15 seconds
– Insert swab in to the second nostril and repeat process
– Place swap in solution and rotate for 10 seconds
– Place swab with other rubbish on the table
– Place 4 drops of solution on round test window and lay vial next to test
– Set timer for 20 minutes
In case of all negative results:
In the case of a positive test:
N.b All the test equipment and sanitiser used for the testing at IPC are locked in the basement of Manor House next to a fire extinguisher – only staff at IPC can enter this room.
All test results are reported to sundhedsdata.dk in the relevant SEI Schema by Jette Møller. Afterwards all the registers with test results are destroyed. Students and staff members are informed about how their test results – and personal information in relation to the testing – will be reported to the Danish Authorities (according to the current GPDR rules when it comes to Covid-19 testing of students in Denmark).
1) Responsible for testing at IPC: Claus Staal, tlf: 21 96 52 71, email@example.com
2) Responsible for reporting test results and updating this page with correct information about testing procedures at IPC: Jette Møller, tlf: 31 33 40 56, firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Covid-19 test managers at IPC:
Is it possible to cancel your stay at IPC? Do you get your money back?
How is it like to be a student at International People’s College during the pandemic? Do I have to wear a face mask? What if I get sick?